Sunday, November 28, 2010

I Won't Wear It Mama

I've been pondering whether it's possible to have a fabric addiction. One of my recent binges has been hanging in my four year old's closet for a week or so. She won't even try it on. The whole thing is a blur (read: addiction symptom) but I know for sure I didn't use a pattern. I started with the idea of turning two legs of a block printed salwar from an outgrown salwar kameez (women's Punjabi suit) into puffy sleeves that could have come right out of "Oklahoma!". I threw together a torso that involved red polka dots. I pleated some of the trim. I made a bow tie at the sternum. I now have something that is a piece of art...for the wall. Body art for the wall, wall art for the body? To come full circle I'll have to look into making a wallpaper dress. Maybe she'll wear that.

No comments:

Post a Comment